Friday, April 1, 2022

The Friday 56

 Rules:


* Grab a book, any book.

* Go to page 56.  Or 56% on your ereader. 

* Find a snippet, short and sweet.

* Post it and add the url to your post at Freda's Voice



My book this week is Saga of the Swamp Thing by Alan Moore.  It is a graphic novel about a scientist who turns into a, well, Swamp Thing I guess.   I never read any Swamp Thing comics but I have recently become interested after happening upon a series that I didn't know existed until I saw the DVD at my local library.  (Swamp Thing)  So I, again, used my local library to find some graphic novels and decided to start here.








My Friday 56:



The grass outside... I lie a million silver blades threatening the moon and...and the trees!  I.. am. the trees.  A boa of moss hangs about my shoulders... I feel the intricate genius of the lianas... the giant, timeless wisdom of...  the Redwoods?






This poor guy just wanted to make plants grow fast and now he is a plant.  And can feel all the plants for miles around.  Being a scientist in the comic book world is a very dangerous thing.





4 comments:

Elza Reads said...

I'm not one for comics, but it's good see that it still has its place and are ever so popular.

Have a good weekend and happy reading!

Elza Reads

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

this sounds like a fun, if a bit odd, choice. I do enjoy reading graphic novels though. My Friday quotes from the Silent Patient

fredamans said...

So interesting!! Happy weekend!

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I'm going to have to try this one. Thanks for reminding me!