Friday, April 15, 2022

Friday 56

  Rules:


* Grab a book, any book.

* Go to page 56.  Or 56% on your ereader. 

* Find a snippet, short and sweet.

* Post it and add the url to your post at Freda's Voice



My book this week is The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster.  It is about a boy named Milo who is bored by everything.  Then one day he receives a mysterious gift of a tollbooth.  When he drives through it he ends up in a land he has never heard of.  I was pretty sure I read this book when I was a kid.  That was a long time ago so except for the title I couldn't remember anything about it.  So I decided to give it another go.  But now 70 pages in I still don't remember anything.  So now I'm not even sure I ever read it.  Well, either way it's been fun so far so I guess it doesn't really matter.











My Friday 56:


The bee, who had tangled himself in some bunting, toppled to the ground, knocking Milo over on top of him, and lay there shouting, "Help!  Help! There's a little boy on me."  The bug sprawled untidily on a mound of squashed letters and Tock, his alarm ringing persistently, was buried under a pile of words.






That's what happens when a spelling bee and a humbug get into a fight at a word market.  It was utter confusion until they could get all the words sorted out.  





2 comments:

Breana M. said...

I've never heard of this book, but I love the quote. I might have to look into this one. Have a great weekend!

fredamans said...

I just shared a Norton Juster quote recently; The more you want, the less you get, and the less you get, the more you have. :-) Happy Easter weekend!