Friday, April 8, 2022

The Friday 56

  Rules:


* Grab a book, any book.

* Go to page 56.  Or 56% on your ereader. 

* Find a snippet, short and sweet.

* Post it and add the url to your post at Freda's Voice







My book this week is No Hero by Jonathan Wood.  Poor Arthur Wallace was just a normal cop.  Then he saw something he wishes he could unsee and ends up in MI37, a secret division that deals with the unusual.  





My Friday 56:



Clyde turns, a look of sudden horror on his face.  For a moment I wonder if he's foreign and I've somehow stumbled across a colloquialism that means I've slept with his mother.





Arthur Wallace was good at his job.  Now he has no idea what is going on.  Even talking to his colleague is an impossible task.  But he just asks himself 'What would Kurt Russell do?' and blunders ahead the best he can.





3 comments:

Elza Reads said...

I quickly took a look at the Goodreads blurb for this one and it does sound like a good and fun read.

Have fun and enjoy your weekend!

Elza Reads

fredamans said...

I have to giggle at the Kurt Russell reference. Sounds like a good read! Happy weekend!

Lauren Stoolfire said...

That sounds intriguing. Thanks for sharing!