Friday, April 29, 2022

The Friday 56

  Rules:


* Grab a book, any book.

* Go to page 56.  Or 56% on your ereader. 

* Find a snippet, short and sweet.

* Post it and add the url to your post at Freda's Voice



This week my Friday 56 comes from Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir.  Ryland Grace has been sent on a mission that is the last chance to save the human race.  If only he could remember that.  






The Friday 56:



Astrophage can propel itself with light and has absurd energy-storage capability.  It's had God-knows-how-many billion years of evolution to get good at it.  Just like a horse if more energy efficient than a truck.  Astrophage is more energy efficient than a spaceship.






Astrophage - could be the cause of the end of the human race but could also be the only way to save it.  If only Ryland Grace could remember why he is in this spaceship and what he is supposed to do next.  




I'm liking this one.  Weir writes with a lot of wit without making his characters feel absurd and silly and without losing the gravitas of the whole extinction level calamity that is taking place.  This is the first book I've read by Andy Weir but I don't think it will be my last.






3 comments:

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I loved, love, loved this book. I listened to the audiobook. An excellent choice. My quotes come from: The House in the Cerulean Sea

fredamans said...

I need to read this one! :-) Happy weekend!

Emily said...

An interesting sounding book. Not something I have read that much of.

Have a great weekend!

Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
My post:
https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/04/29/the-friday-56-spring-at-blueberry-bay-by-holly-martin-romance-chicklit-spring/