Friday, March 18, 2022

The Friday 56

Rules:


* Grab a book, any book.

* Go to page 56.  Or 56% on your ereader. 

* Find a snippet, short and sweet.

* Post it and add the url to your post at Freda's Voice



My book this week is Monstrous by MarcyKate Connolly.



An unusual young girl is told by her father that she was killed and he rebuilt her and brought her back to life with a special purpose.  A purpose that necessitates wings, cat claws, and a tail with a stinger at the end.  Kymera doesn't doubt her father at all.  But I have to admit that I do.  I guess we shall see.







My Friday 56:



"I am sorry, but that is exactly why you must stay."  My tail swings out and stings her in the arm.  Father was right, they never understand what we do for them.




   

I hope for Kymera's sake that her father really is a good guy.  But he seems sinister to me so far.  


3 comments:

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Sounds fantastical. Enough realism to keep it grounded? My Friday quotes

fredamans said...

Sounds different for sure. Made me think of a certain doctors' island... Dr. Moreau.... lol.... Happy weekend!

Lauren Stoolfire said...

That snippet sounds very intriguing. Thanks for sharing!