Monday, March 21, 2022

I Venture Out For Dine Out Week Boston

My husband and I have not been out for a while now.  COVID has made things difficult and we decided we would wait until restrictions and rules eased up a little.  Fortunately, that occurred concurrently with Dine Out Week Boston.  If you are not familiar, Dine Out Week is an event when area restaurants offer special prix fixe menus for two weeks.


shrimp and chicken
meatball
We decided to try someplace new and went to Basile - Fine Italian Kitchen.  It was a short walk from work and had crème brulee as a dessert choice.  I love crème brulee.  I have to admit that I never go anywhere for Dine Out Week if they have not posted a menu.  I like to know what I'm getting.



We made reservations and asked for bar seating.  I liked that they had an option.  We find bar seating more comfortable because it is more casual but usually for bar seating you have to take your chances.  When we got there at 4:30 PM we were almost all alone so we got our pick of seats at the bar.  It is nice inside but without feeling so fancy that I felt out of place.


David, our bartender, was friendly and helpful.  And he makes a good, fruity

Old Fashioned.  He was there when we needed him but he did not hover or intrude when we did not.


creme brulee

The complimentary bread was buttery soft and so delicious and the spread ( I think it had parmesan cheese in it) was awesome.  I had the arancini appetizer, the ravioli entree and of course the creme brulee.  It was one of the best arancini I have ever had, the ravioli was delicious and the creme brulee was creamy and the brulee on top had the right crack to it.  The whole meal was very satisfying.  My husband had the meatball appetizer, the shrimp and chicken aglio e olio and the creme brulee.  He enjoyed his food as well.


They had a nice selection of whiskey as well.  The whole experience was a lot of fun and it is definitely some place I would love to return to.


No comments: