Thursday, March 10, 2022

Farce of the Penguins Review

 Farce of the Penguins starring Samuel L. Jackson and Bob Saget


A farce about the miles long trek of the penguins to find a mate.


So this group of male penguins has to go a long way to get to the female penguins who are waiting for them.  The penguins are cold and they want sex.  That is the whole movie.  The audience listens to the penguins talk about getting to the girls and complaining about the cold while watching random footage of penguins marching and milling about.  And the movie seems to go on forever.  I wanted the penguins to get where they were going just as much as they did.  I would pass on this one.  It was boring, the jokes got old fast and you can see more interesting footage of penguins elsewhere.


I'm also going to take this opportunity to rant about something that bothers me.  This movie has no closed captioning for the hearing impaired.  I don't think there is any reason for any DVD released after the year 2000 not to have closed captioning.  Can it really cost so much that it is worth excluding all the people who might not be able to hear?  Anyway, I bothers me.  And I can't believe I'm the only one.

No comments: