Friday, March 11, 2022

Friday 56

Rules:


* Grab a book, any book.

* Go to page 56.  Or 56% on your ereader. 

* Find a snippet, short and sweet.

* Post it and add the url to your post at Freda's Voice



My book this week is Rampant by Diana Peterfreund



In this book unicorns are not nice.  They are bloodthirsty creatures that must be hunted down.  Good thing they're extinct.  Or are they?  I just started this one.  I haven't even reached page 56 yet.  So I have no opinion yet.  But bloodthirsty unicorns sound fun.

 





My Friday 56:


I wondered if I could concoct some sort of medical discharge, like one did for the army.  Break my leg, maybe.  Cut off a pinky toe?




This girl really doesn't want to hunt unicorns.  I hope she thinks of a better solution than cutting off a toe.




3 comments:

fredamans said...

You had me with nasty unicorns... LOL.... Happy weekend!

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I need to read this!

Kym said...

well that's an interesting take - and it sounds like she is dead set against hunting the unicorns! Happy Reading!