Wednesday, October 20, 2010

WWW Wednesdays (October 20th)

That's right. My last post was last week's WWW Wednesdays. I haven't blogged anything for a week. But everything has gone a little crazy at work and I have had a lot to adjust to. And to be honest I don't think I've adjusted yet. I am tired all the time. In fact I should be in bed right now. But I'm doing this instead. I hope I can still get up in time for work tomorrow.

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

* What are you currently reading?
* What did you recently finish reading?
* What do you think you’ll read next?

Leave a link to your post (or the answers themselves if you do not have a blog) in the comments of Should Be Reading.


What are you currently reading?

Vampire Zero by David Wellington
It is slow going. Everything is slow going at the moment though so it might not be the book. But the more I read Wellington the more I wonder why I read Wellington. I think I have myself convinced that I should like his stuff but in reality I don’t like it as much as I imagine I should.

What did you recently finish reading?

Arizona Free by Doug Martin.
Umm, well the dialogue was awkward and the plot a little hokey. It had moments of the kind of cheesy fun you get from bad sci fi but overall it was unsatisfying.

What do you think you'll read next?

The Front Porch Prophet by Raymond Atkins
This is a book that has been on my TBR list for a long time. I didn’t want to go and buy it though and my library didn’t have it. Until I suggested they buy it. So now I can finally read it. If I ever finish Vampire Zero.

1 comment:

shaunesay said...

I know exactly how you feel about convincing yourself that you like a book, or that you should like a book, but really feeling like it's a drudgery to get through it!

My WWW is here if you'd like to visit!