Friday, October 22, 2010

The Friday 56, Vampire Zero

Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Storytime With Tonya and Friends.
*Post a link along with your post back to Storytime With Tonya and Friends.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


Okay. It's still Friday for another 20 minutes or so, so technically I made it.

This week the book is Vampire Zero by David Wellington. I'm having trouble remembering why I thought I liked Wellington's books so much that I wanted to read them all. But I keep plugging away at them for reasons I'm not completely sure of.

The sentence:

The body was still decaying at an accelerated rate, and by the time they arrived he would probably be nothing more than stinking goo and splintered bones.

Isn't that nice? If that doesn't make you want to read this book nothing will.

No comments: