Friday, October 8, 2010

The Friday 56, The Princess Bride

Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Storytime With Tonya and Friends.
*Post a link along with your post back to Storytime With Tonya and Friends.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week the book is The Princess Bride by William Golden. Fun and light and just what I needed right now. But I have to admit that so far I like the movie better.

The sentence:

She had entered her room as just an impossibly lovely girl. The woman who emerged was a trifle thinner, a great deal wiser, an ocean sadder.

Okay, based on that sentence it does not sound light and fun. But trust me, it is. If you’ve seen the movie you have a pretty good idea what I mean. And if you haven’t seen the movie, what’s wrong with you? Go and watch it right now.

1 comment:

Jennifer Oberth said...

I saw that movie so long ago I barely remember it!

I like that description, though 'an ocean sadder'.

I wonder how the book is compared to the movie. Visual and written are (or can be) such different mediums especially when it comes to humor.

My blog all week has been about Stephen J. Cannell and the 56 is no different!