Wednesday, September 8, 2010

WWW Wednesdays (September 8th)



To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

* What are you currently reading?
* What did you recently finish reading?
* What do you think you’ll read next?

Leave a link to your post (or the answers themselves if you do not have a blog) in the comments of Should Be Reading.

What are you currently reading?

I just started Silver by Edward Chupack. It’s about Long John Silver and I haven’t gotten very far yet but I’m already a little worried. I’m hoping I can get more into it when Long John stops ranting and gets to the story of his life.

Also I’m reading Monster Planet by David Wellington. Third in a trilogy of zombie books. I’m glad to be finishing another series but either this one isn’t as good as the others or the other zombie books that I’ve liked recently make me appreciate this one less.

What did you recently finish reading?

Roma by Steven Saylor. Covers 1000 years of history. I like the continuity of following one family through time and the way you get to see how legends and festivals started and then how they were remember later.

Also The Reapers are the Angels by Alden Bell. Zombies again. I like the main character here. The story is mostly told from her point of view and she has an interesting outlook on the world.

What do you think you'll read next?

I don’t have a clue really. Hopefully I will actually get to Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist because it has seriously been sitting around for a long time and it’s borrowed so needs to be returned. But that was the plan before and it didn’t happen so…

1 comment:

shaunesay said...

I think I read Silver a few years ago, if it is the one I'm thinking of it was kind of a struggle to finish for me! Hope it gets better for you! I'm also interested in Roma, I have a few Steven Saylor books but haven't had a chance to dig into them yet!

Here is my WWW if you'd like to come visit me, I'm a newbie this week!

http://shaunesay.blogspot.com/2010/09/www-wednesdays.html