Friday, January 21, 2022

The Friday 56

 Rules:

* Grab a book, any book.

* Go to page 56.  Or 56% on your ereader. 

* Find a snippet, short and sweet.

* Post it and add the url to your post at Freda's Voice.









My book this week is Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury.  


It is essentially a collection of short stories that are held together because they all happen in the same town and are all witnessed by the same young man.  If you have ever watched Ray Bradbury Theater some of the stories will be familiar to you.  But don't assume you know how they will end.  As with all short story collections some are better than others but I enjoyed them all.  


My Friday 56:


"Be what you are, bury what you are not," he had said.  "Tickets stubs are trickery.  Saving things is a magic trick, with mirrors."


I guess I can see his point.  But I have a box of mementos under my bed that I still plan to hold on to.

4 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I enjoy short story collections from time to time. I haven't read too much by Ray Bradbury but not for lack of interest. I will have to check this collection out! Have a great weekend!

fredamans said...

I love a good short story collection and he is a master!! Happy weekend!

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I love watching Ray Bradbury Theater. :)

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I dearly want to read more Ray Bradbury but never seem to do it. My Friday Quotes are here