Friday, January 28, 2022

Friday 56

 

 

Rules:

* Grab a book, any book.

* Go to page 56.  Or 56% on your ereader. 

* Find a snippet, short and sweet.

* Post it and add the url to your post at Freda's Voice








My book this week is Blood Feud by Daniel Harris.


It is about a family owned supermarket chain, how it grew from one small store to a billion dollar enterprise and the fights, lawsuits and bitterness that come when some family members think they are being cheated.




Now, a novel about a supermarket might not sound exciting but the characters are real and the emotions genuine and the battle over the supermarket involves millions of dollars so there is tension and intrigue.  I haven't finished it yet but I have the feeling there is more going on than a simple case if embezzlement and I am very interested to find out what it is.






My Friday 56:



Life was so simple then.  Nobody locked their cars, Ike's photo ops were mostly on the golf course, the only computers we had were too big to fit into a garage, and trying to hit a curve ball was my biggest challenge.






I don't really remember not locking the car and I never even tried to hit a cure ball but I get it.  I do remember when it was safe for kids to play outside by themselves and getting up at 4:00 AM to go fishing (because that's when the fish are out) was a grand adventure.  Life has gotten very complicated since then.






  


4 comments:

fredamans said...

Sounds like the 70's and 80's to me. Great times! Happy weekend!

Lauren Stoolfire said...

Thanks for sharing! I hope you enjoy it!

Lauren @ Always Me

Literary Feline said...

I think Blood Feud sounds really interesting--family drama and rivalry can make for a great read. I actually don't always lock my car door when I visit my mom. It's such a habit now though to lock it though that I do more often than not. I hope you have a great weekend!

Kym said...

A supermarket business is a really unusual setting - how interesting! I remember not having to lock doors and those HUGE computers!