Saturday, February 4, 2012

Eclectic Reader Challenge



Eclectic Reader is running a challenge this year designed to push readers out of their comfort zone.  You have all of 2012 to read and review a book from 12 different genres.

Genres

1. Literary Fiction -- The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (review here)

2. Crime/Mystery Fiction -- A Cup Full of Midnight by Jaden Terrell (review here)

3. Romantic Fiction -- Julia and the Master of Morancourt by Janet Aylmer (review here)

4. Historical Fiction -- The Gods of Gotham by Lyndsay Faye (review here)

5. Young Adult -- The Reformed Vampire Support Group by Catherine Jinks (review here)

6. Fantasy -- Storm Front by Jim Butcher (review here)

7. Science Fiction -- Wasp by Eric Frank Russell (review here)

8. Non Fiction -- The Planets by Dava Sobel (review here)

9. Horror -- Meg by Steve Alten (review here

10. Thriller/Suspense -- Just One Look by Harlan Coben (review here)

11. Classic -- Moby Dick by Herman Melville (review here)

12. Your Favorite Genre -- Nefertiti by Michelle Moran (historical fiction) (review here)


I don't know the titles I'll be reading so I'll fill them in as I go along.  Along with the 12th genre.  Since my favorite genre is on the list already would it count if I read to from the same genre?

Well, I'll figure it out.  If it sounds like something you'd be interested in trying you should pop on over to Eclectic Reader and read the rest of the rules.

1 comment:

Shelleyrae said...

Hi
Glad to have you join me for The Eclectic Reader Challenge. I look forward to seeing what You choose to read.
If your favourite genre is the same as one already listed it is perfectly fine to read two books from the same genre.

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out