Friday, February 25, 2011

The Friday 56, Why Don't Students Like School?

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it to Freda's Voice.

The book this week is Why Don’t Students Like School? by Daniel T. Willingham. My sister is a teacher and this is her book. I think she’s hoping it not only tells why kids don’t like school but also what to do about it.

The sentence:

Hypnosis doesn’t help. It does make you more confident that your memory is right, but it doesn’t actually make your memory more accurate.

Ah, well I guess students are just going to have to keep studying. Or not. As is often the case from what I gather from the stories my sister tells.

1 comment:

fredamans said...

I'll keep on top of my son... it's ok... LOL

Thanks for participating!