Friday, November 12, 2010

The Friday 56, The Pets

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it to Freda's Voice.




The book this week is The Pets by Bragi Olafsson. I just finished this book about 10 minutes ago. The idea is that some guy doesn’t want to let his visitor in so he hides under the bed and hopes he goes away but instead he climbs in the window and stays awhile. It was a slow start but then when the guy was actually under the bed I got interested. And then it just stopped. I actually flipped the pages back and forth wondering where the missing text could be. I scanned the little bio of the author and the translated too. I’m sure there is some deep meaning in the ending that I just didn’t get. I have to admit that I don’t really like books that make me feel as if I am not smart enough to be reading them.

Anyhow… the sentence is:

I feel the need to cheer myself up and decide to make instant coffee with whisky.

I use tea myself, which still sounds kind of sad but at least it isn’t instant coffee. I don’t know how instant coffee can cheer anyone up even with whisky added.

1 comment:

fredamans said...

I love coffee but no whiskey please. Ew. LOL

Thanks for participating Becca!