The Support You Local Library Challenge is hosted by J. Kaye's Book Blog.
There are three sizes to the challenge.
** The first is to read 12 books from your local library in 2009.
** The second is to read 25 books from your local library in 2009.
** The third is to read 50 books from your local library in 2009.
You decide which one of the three challenges is best for you.
Here are the guidelines:
1) You can join anytime as long as you don’t start reading your books prior to 2009.
2) This challenge is for 2009 only. The last day to have all your books read is December 31, 2009.
3) You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2009.
I have decided to go with the second choice and try for 25 books. And since I'm starting late in the year I'm going to list the books I have already read this year.
1. The Robe of Skulls by Vivian French
2. Monster Nation by David Wellington
3. Storm Front by Jim Butcher
4. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
5. The Chinatown Death Cloud Peril by Paul Malmont
6. Bimbos of the Death Sun by Sharyn McCrumb
7. Already Dead by Charlie Huston
8. Empire Falls by Richard Russo
9. The Triumphs of Eugene Valmont by Robert Barr
10. Gone-Away World by Nick Harkaway
11. Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall
12. Third Policeman by Flann O'Brien
13. Sunshine by Robin McKinley
14. City of Dreaming Books by Walter Moers
15. Savvy by Ingrid Law
16. Humpty Dumpty: An Oval by Damon Knight
17. Who Can Save Us Now? edited by Owen King and John McNally
18. Milk Eggs Vodka by Bill Keaggy
19. Breakfast at Tiffany's: A Short Novel and Three Stories by Truman Capote
20. Captain Freedom by G. Xavier Robillard
21. Little Sleep by Paul Tremblay
22. Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy
23. The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry
24. The Shack by William Paul Young
25. Free For All by Don Borchert