Friday, July 10, 2009

The Friday 56, Nobody's Princess

Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Storytime With Tonya and Friends.
*Post a link along with your post back to Storytime With Tonya and Friends.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

My sentence this week comes from Nobody's Princess by Esther Friesner.

"Don't say that!" I exclaimed, my face hot. "They did a good job, better than you're doing now."

That's Helen (of Sparta) talking but I just started the book and haven't made it to page 56 yet so I don't know what she's all upset about. I guess I'll find out soon.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Helen? As in Helen of the Trojan War?

Becca said...

That would be her. This story takes place when she's seven though so Troy is still a bit in the future.

Anonymous said...

I usually don't like books like this, but I clicked your link and it does look good. Might have to step out of the box and read this one!!

Nita said...

One of the nicest things about this meme is getting to look at books I probably wouldn't otherwise consider adding to my reading list. Thanks!