Friday, July 17, 2009

The Friday 56, The Lab

Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Storytime with Toyna and Friends.
*Post a link along with your post back to Storytime with Toyna and Friends.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


My sentence comes from The Lab by Jack Heath. I'm going to cheat a little and put up a few more sentences than I'm supposed to.

"There. Your own mother wouldn't recognize you now!" he said "But one last thing..."

If I had a mother, you'd probably be right, Six thought. But you could never guess what my childhood was like.

Yes, Six is his name. I guess being a genetically engineered super child poor Six had no mother. He does have cool powers but I guess that doesn't really make up for it.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Something about this sounds familiar. Are there other books or a movie or somehting?

Becca said...

I know there is a book that comes after this one but no movies that I know of.