Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Books I Finished in June

I Love You, Beth Cooper by Larry Doyle
Surprisingly funny.

City of Dreaming Books by Walter Moers
I didn’t realize that the main character was going to be a dinosaur. That will teach me to pay closer attention. It was alright but I think I would have enjoyed it more if I knew what it was going to be going in. It wasn’t quite what I was in the mood for at the time.

Adventurers for God by Clarence W. Hall
Some very interesting stories here. Since it was published in the ‘50s it is more a history of missions than anything else.

Lost and Found by Carol Parkhurst
I could take it or leave it. None of the characters made me really care about them.

The Strain by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan
Scary, evil vampires. They do a good job of setting a creepy mood. A few clichés but nothing that isn’t overcome by the fun of reading the story.

Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome
Not much of a plot but it was funny.

Seth Bullock by David A. Wolff
Informative. You can read my review here.

Savvy by Ingrid Law
A coming of age story with a twist.

Before Midnight by Cameron Dokey
Definitely the Cinderella story but retold so that it was unique in many ways too.

Krono by Charles L. Harness
Pretty standard sci-fi fair but I didn’t see everything coming so it held my interest.

No comments: