Friday, February 11, 2022

Friday 56

   

 

Rules:

* Grab a book, any book.

* Go to page 56.  Or 56% on your ereader. 

* Find a snippet, short and sweet.

* Post it and add the url to your post at Freda's Voice






My book this week is Song For a Whale by Lynne Kelly.  It is about a deaf girl, Iris, who finds out there is a whale that sings at a different frequency than other whales so they can't understand them.  She understands how that feels and wants to find a way to let Blue 55 know someone hears him.







My Friday 56:



Sometimes he's quiet for weeks at a time, and we worry that he's given up (or that he's no longer alive), but then he starts singing again.  It seems he keeps trying to communicate, but there's nothing out there that understands his songs,






That sounds really very sad.  And Blue 55 is based on a real whale.  So there really is a whale out there that basically speaks a different language than other whales.  Poor guy.  




4 comments:

Mark Baker said...

It does sound sad. But I can see this being a beautiful story at the end. Hope you enjoy.

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I think I'm going to have to read this one. Thanks for sharing!

Literary Feline said...

That does sound sad! I think my daughter might like this one. She and her class recently read a book together called Dolphin's Tale and then followed it up with the movie. She really enjoyed it. I hope you have a great weekend!

fredamans said...

I've seen the movie years ago, a real tear jerker! Happy weekend!