Sunday, February 27, 2022

Boozy Coffee? Yes, Please.

 Do you like coffee?  Do you like booze?  Then you are sure to like Kahlua.  Today (Feb. 27th) is National Kahlua Day!


Kahlua makes a lot of delicious cocktails.  Below is a list of a few that I have tried.  There are a lot more.  Maybe by next National Kahlua Day I will have tried enough new ones to make another list.  But I highly suggest you Google Kahlua cocktails and try some others. 


White Russian - With vodka to amp up the alcohol and heavy cream this is a creamy coffee delight.

mudslide


Black Russian - If you take the cream out of a White Russian you get a Black Russian.  Good, but I like the dessert feel the cream gives.  


Sombrero - If you take the vodka out of a White Russian you get a Sombrero.  Also good.  But I like the extra punch of the vodka.  So, of the three I like the White Russian best.  But if I am missing an ingredient, I enjoy any of the three.


Mudslide - When you add Irish Cream to a White Russian you get a Mudslide.  Who doesn't like Irish Cream?  Adds more alcohol and makes it even sweeter.


revolver

Revolver
- A bourbon/Kahula cocktail with some orange bitters.  The three flavors go very well together.  I like the deeper flavor the Kahlua give to the bourbon.  If you like Old Fashioneds and coffee you will like this.


Root Beer - Kahlua, cola and Galliano.  I don't know how, but they mix into a drink that taste very much like root beer.  Yummy, if you like root beer.



B52 - Either a shot or a drink.  It is supposed to be a layered drink but I can never get that to work so I just mixed it all up.  I think orange and coffee go well together so I like the Grand Marnier (or Triple Sec) Kahlua combination.


Toasted Almond Drink - Almond and coffee?  Good idea.  The almond comes from amaretto, so it is a rather sweet drink but I like that sort of thing.


coffee martini
Coffee Martini - Of course coffee and Kahlua is a very natural combination.  Even with the Irish Cream the black coffee stops this from being very sweet.  It is an alcoholic iced coffee with cream and sugar.


Cherry Coffee Cola - Who knew that Kahula and cola would go so well together?
  A cherry cola with a twist.  




No comments: