Thursday, August 26, 2021

The Tomorrow War Movie Review



The Tomorrow War
with Chris Pratt

The Earth is invaded by aliens.  The Earth is losing a battle that could mean the complete eradication of the Human Race.  The few remaining humans go to the past to ask for help.



I am aware that you have to suspend your disbelief for science fiction and fantasy movies.  I am okay with that.  But for this one I had to suspend my sense of logic and I couldn't quite do it so I had a few problems with this one.  The first thing was mentioned in some synopsis's and is revealed very early in the film so I am not giving anything away so I will mention it to explain my issue.  So, the human race is being wiped out by alien invaders.  The remaining humans have found a way to send people 30 years into the past.  You can give the human race a 30 year warning about the war but the plan they come up with is to ferry people from the past into the future to fight the war.  Everyday people, teachers, hair dressers, lawyers, bus drivers, who know nothing of combat or guns are sent to the future to fight a war that the united militaries of the world couldn't win.  That is the best you can come up with?  Okay.  So I'll give them that.  And then you have really scary aliens and just a little humor and big fight scenes and those average humans stepping up and it's lots of sci-fi fun.  And then there some more stuff that can only happen if our hero is really stupid.  So that annoys me.  But then we go back to the action and get to see more of J.K. Simmons whos character is my favorite part of the movie.  Overall it is entertaining if you don't think about it.  But I found myself a little disappointed by a lackluster script.

No comments: