Friday, August 13, 2021

The Friday 56

RULES:

* Grab a book, any book.

*
Turn to page 56 or 56% on your ereader. If you have to improvise that is okay.

* Find a snippet, short and sweet.

*Post it and add the url to your post at Freda's Voice.

 


My book this week is Particulate Matter by Felicia Luna Lemus


My 56:

I should probably stop scowling at people so often.


It was not hard to pick my 56.  That sentence is all that is on page 56.  The book is about a year in Lemus's life where LA is burning and she is away from her spouse taking care of the house they used to share.  It is told with few words.  Sometimes just one word per page.  You can read the whole thing in less than half an hour.  It has the feel of poetry about it and it does manage to evoke emotions even with the limited text.  

2 comments:

fredamans said...

So glad to have you join us! Been a while! Your book snippet is something I can relate to. They call it resting bitchface and apparently I have it. :-) Happy weekend!

Lauren Stoolfire said...

Welcome! I really like the cover design of your pick this week. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.