Friday, August 12, 2011

The Friday 56 (August 11th)

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it to Freda's Voice.
*Add your (url) post to Linky on Freda’s post

The book this week is That Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis. It’s the third in his trilogy. So far I’m left a little underwhelmed. From all I’ve heard about them I expected to be more impressed than I am. And I’m afraid that page 56 is not very interesting.


He was a bustling sort of man who was eating quickly and talking at the same time to his neighbor on the other side.

2 comments:

fredamans said...

I read his books back in the 80's.... and when The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe came out all I could remember was Aslan and the wardrobe. I know I read the set, but don't recall this one.
Any rate, thanks for participating! A great choice for 56!

Vicki said...

Don't think I've ever heard of this trilogy.
Great choice! It's easy to put a picture to the words.
Here's Mine