Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Books I Finished in February

A lot of kids books (again) this month. There was a while there where I felt like I was picking up the books every day and reading but getting nowhere. I hope I’m over that now.

Santa Olivia by Jacqueline Carey
I like the Zorro feeling this book had but for some reason I expected it to be more Zorro-like than it was. Ended very openly with lots of room for a sequel.

Dragonbreath: Curse of the Were-Wiener by Ursula Vernon
I really like these books. They are funny and the pictures are cute.

Amulet: The Stonekeeper by Kazu Kibuishi
It was okay but I wasn’t bowled over by it.

Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause
I like werewolves. But… I wanted more werewolf stuff and less listening to her trying to get her boyfriend into bed.

The Elephant to Hollywood by Michael Caine
Caine is an interesting man and knew a bunch of interesting people. And I think that he has a good perspective on his life and career.

Outrun the Dark by Cecilia Bartholomew
I liked this book but it is not really the mystery I expected. You kind of know what happened early on so it becomes more about the physiological aspects of how everyone deals with it.

The Big Splash by Jack D. Ferraiolo
A noir mystery in a middle school. Sometimes it went a little too far and the characters don’t sound like kids any more but most of it works well and is fun.

Alice Adams by Booth Tarkington
A story about Alice trying to live in social circles that she doesn’t have the money to support. You do feel sorry for her at times but other times you are not sure you like her. I like how he ended it though.

Interred With Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell
A lot of history here. Which leads to a lot of names. Pay attention or you might lose track of who is doing what.

Colony by Scott Reeves
People are sent out from Earth to start a colony on another planet. It starts out not sounding too original but it does pick up.

Collected Alison Dare Vols. 1& 2 by J. Torres
Simple little stories that are fun and fast.

2 comments:

fredamans said...

Great month Becca!
Happy March Reading!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/02/february-monthly-news.html

kavyen said...

Wow, thats a good month. I still have quite a few reviews pending for Feb ..

March should be better. Btw, just reminding you that this week's theme thursday is for furniture. Good luck with it!