Thursday, September 9, 2021

Take a Sail on a Tall Ship

 Do you live in Boson or are you going to be in Boston?  Then I suggest you look into a cruise on a tall ship.  



My husband and I were going to take a vacation.  We had all sorts of plans.  Things did not really work out on any of then.  Travel is still a little difficult and some things are still closed so we decided to stay home and do some local things.  I was actually looking at something else when I happened upon Liberty Fleet of Tall Ships.  



We had a choice of two ships.  I picked the bigger one.  The Liberty Clipper.  Just because.  I took the sunset cruise but there are other options available.  The tickets were $45 dollars each but I would suggest you get the weather coverage.  If they have to cancel the cruise due to weather you will get your money back.  If you do not have the weather coverage you will get a credit and be able to reschedule but sometimes (lets says for tourists that need to go home) that might not be an option.  Luckily I did not have need of it because it was a beautiful night.






There are bathrooms on board.  I never used them so I can't tell you what they are like but one of them is down a steep stairwell.  We were warned about it before getting on the boat but still as soon as we stepped on the boat a girl asked where the bathroom was and promptly fell down the stairs.  She was fine.  But I decided if I had to go I would use the other one.  They also have a cash bar on board.  I got a beer for $6.  I don't know what the hard liquor cost but you can buy drink tickets ahead of time for $6 so it might be the same price.

They will ask you to help them raise the sails.  You don't have to.  Not everybody can even.  But.  If it is anything like my cruise the guy will be telling people to line up and grab the rope and no one will.  I think partly people are not sure what he is asking of them and partly no one wants to be the first.  Go on.  Be the first.  That's all everyone else needs.  Someone has to be the first and everyone else will follow.  I had to be the first on my ship.  (Well, on my side of my ship.  I don't know what was going on on the other side of the ship.)  I don't know how much help I was in actually raising the sails.  But I do know we were not going anywhere until somebody grabbed that rope and was willing to help.  So, go ahead, be that someone.  And yell when they tell you to yell.  (If you can.  I was busy pulling sometimes and really couldn't.)  Participate.  It adds to the fun.


We didn't really go anywhere.  It wasn't a tour.  No one pointed out the sights and told you about them or gave you the history of anything.  We just sailed around the harbor for two hours.  But there were some beautiful sights and just being out there on the water was a really nice time.  I would suggest you bring a jacket, even if the weather is good when you take off.  It gets windy out on the water and I was glad I had one with me.  


It is something I will do again.  Maybe next time I'll take the I'll take the Cocktails, Rum and City Lights Cruise.  Who doesn't like rum on the high seas?

No comments: