Friday, November 19, 2010

The Friday 56, The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it to Freda's Voice.

The book this week is The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Tate. I recently finished this one and liked it. It’s about a girl in 1899 who doesn’t want to learn to sew and cook but wants to be a scientist instead.

The sentence:

I honked away and felt somewhat better.

Well, that’s good news for her but probably not so good for her grandfather who just lent her his handkerchief.

4 comments:

Bev Hankins said...

And here I thought she must be stuck in traffic and reliving a little frustration. Lol. Poor grandpa. I hope he didn't want that hankie back....

Christina said...

I love it. I hadn't seen your comment about the hankie at first, so Bev's comment just confused me. Gave me a good laugh. :-)

fredamans said...

I laughed. Somehow I think it's appropriate.

Thanks for participating!

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

LOL - My first thought was traffic too!

My teaser is from Breathe.