Friday, August 13, 2010

The Friday 56, Frenchman's Creek

Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Storytime With Tonya and Friends.
*Post a link along with your post back to Storytime With Tonya and Friends.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

The book this week is Frenchman’s Creek by Daphne Du Maurier. It’s a little more of a romance than I usually go for but I've liked the Du Maurier that I’ve read before and though this is not on a par with Rebecca I still like it.

The sentence:

“Why do you ride horses that are too spirited?” he answered.
“Because of the danger, because of the speed, because I might fall,” she said.

3 comments:

Laura @ I'm Booking It said...

I hate to admit I've never read Du Maurier. I've meant to, but there are just too many books!

I like the quote, both the content, and that you can hear a voice even in that little bit.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ah, I remember loving this book. I read it a very long time ago, along with several other books by Du Maurier.

Here's my Friday:

http://laurelrainsnowswonderland.wordpress.com/2010/08/13/friday-memes-56-book-beginnings/

Or click my name for the link.

Jennifer Oberth said...

I like this quote - very telling of the character.

My Friday 56 is The Fugitive