Friday, November 27, 2009

The Friday 56, The Tale of Despereaux

Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
*Post a link along with your post back to Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week's book is The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo. It's a cute story that I managed to finish is one day. I have also seen the movie which turned out to be quite a bit different from the book. But I guess that's the way it usually works so I shouldn't be surprised.

The sentence:

And this time, he did not whisper the word. "I am not sorry. I will not renounce my actions. I love her. I love the princess."

Good for Despereaux. He's not going to be pushed around. Even if he does tend to faint all the time.

2 comments:

fredamans said...

How romantic!
http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2009/11/friday-56_27.html

Suzanne said...

Fainting men, wonderful!