Friday, October 9, 2009

The Friday 56, Unquiet Dreams

Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Storytime With Tonya and Friends.
*Post a link along with your post back to Storytime With Tonya and Friends.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Right now the closest book to me is Unquiet Dreams by Mark del Franco. Faeries, elves and druids on the streets of Boston. This is the second in the series. I liked the first one enough to give this one a try. We'll see how it goes.

The sentence(s):

It hit me immediately. Nigel was pissed because I had done nothing, Here I was, two years after my accident, and I had not made any effort to deal with it until recently.

Connor Grey is the one talking there, a druid who lost most of his power in the accident he mentions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's hard to take that first step. We've all been there.

fredamans said...

Interesting 56!

Here's mine: http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2009/10/friday-56_09.html

Suzanne said...

"Faeries, elves and druids on the streets of Boston."
---Sounds right up my alley!

Nita said...

Love this genre!
Have your read any of The SERRAted Edge books by Mercedes Lackey?