Thursday, October 1, 2009

Books I Finished in September

I picked a very short one and managed to just get it in this month so I made it to 10 this time.

She by H. Rider Haggard
I like adventure stories, especially old ones so I found this very entertaining.

The Vanishing Sculptor by Donita K. Paul
Read my review here.

Norstrilia by Cordwainer Smith
It was interesting in a way but it was weird and I can’t say that I actually enjoyed reading it.

Cleopatra’s Daughter by Michelle Moran
Read my review here.

Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy
I really enjoyed this. It was both funnier and slightly darker than I expected.

Same Difference by Siobhan Vivian

The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry

The Shack by William P. Young
I must admit that some of the ideas here struck me as rather bizarre, mostly toward the end, but some of it was good and I’m glad I gave it a shot.

Free For All by Don Borchert
About working in a library. Since I work in one myself I have actually come across some of this stuff. Some of the stories are funny and a couple just kind of sad but it is an interesting read.

Arsenic Soup For Lovers by Georgia Z. Post
Well, it wasn’t bad but it wasn’t particularly good either. Two page stories that were mostly unremarkable.

No comments: