Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Books I Finished in August

9 books in August. I thought I was going to get in a 10th but I fell asleep before I could finish it so it will have to wait until the September list.

Next by Michael Crichton
I liked it but there was a lot of medical talk going on that I didn’t quite understand. It didn’t interfere with following the story though.

Sea-Hawk by Rafael Sabatini
I like a good pirate story. Swashbuckling and the high seas and all that. And Sea-Hawk doesn’t disappoint.

Breakfast at Tiffany’s: A Short Novel and Three Stories by Truman Capote
It’s a good story but I think I still like the movie better.

Captain Freedom by G. Xavier Robillard

Undiscovered Gyrl by Allison Burnett
You can read my review here.

Case of the Empty Tin by Erle Stanley Gardner

Well Between the Worlds by Sam Llewellyn
First in the Lyonesse series. At the end I was left wanting to know what happened next. Hopefully I’ll post a review soon.

The Little Sleep by Paul Tremblay
Funny with a dry wit. Has a noir feel that I liked.

Tarzan the Invincible by Edgar Rice Burroughs
Like most Tarzan books. Edgar Rice Burroughs had a feel for a dramatic cliff hanger type end to his chapters.

No comments: