Thursday, May 18, 2023

Go Get Them, Girl!


 Mrs. Plansky's Revenge by Spencer Quinn


Mrs. Plansky finds that she has been a victim of fraud.  All of her savings and investments are gone.  The police tell her the odds of getting any of her money back (or even catching the criminals) are very low.  Mrs. Plansky, unwilling to be a helpless victim decides to track down the criminals on her own.


I like Mrs. Plansky.  I like the fact that she refuses to fall behind the times just because she is getting older.  I like that she is determined to still find joy and fun in life even though she is a recent widow.  And I loved how she did not panic and fall apart when she finds out her money is gone.  She is a fun character and I enjoyed following her adventure and listening to her internal dialogue as she works through everything.  There were a lot of fun and interesting situations that she gets herself into.  And you even start to like some of the people who scammed her.  I was a little disappointed that this intelligent, savvy woman fell for a scam that seemed so obvious to the reader.  And when she gets to Romania there are a lot of conspicuous coincidences that start to strain believability.  But the book is a lot of fun to read and any criticism I have mentioned here did not lessen my enjoyment at all.


I got a free copy of this book from Bookish First.

No comments: