Sunday, May 8, 2022

Have a Coke and a Smile


Today (May 8th) is National Have a Coke Day.  (Yes, it is also Mother's Day.  I know.  I didn't forget.  I got my mother something, so don't judge me.) 


I like Coke.  Regular original Coke.  Not diet coke.  That sucks.  But Coke can get even better if you add some alcohol.


There are several cocktails that use Coke.  Most of them are pretty tasty.


There is, of course, the Rum and Coke.  You can use either white or dark rum.  Both are yummy but the
lounge lizard

molasses flavor of the dark rum really compliments the coke well.


If you add some lime to a rum and Coke you get a Cuba Libre.  Also yummy and the lime adds a bright note and something to offset the sweet of the other two ingredients.


Or you can have a simple Coke and Vodka.  Just as easy as it sounds.  It is basically a glass of Coke with a kick.


time bomb

If you use tequila instead of vodka you get a Batanga.  I liked this one but not as much as some of the others.  Tequila doesn't mix as well with Coke as some other alcohols.  But if you are a tequila lover you might disagree with me.  


If you are a fan of Kahlua you might like the Time Bomb.  It is not as scary as it sounds.  This one also uses rum which we already know is great with Coke but adds Kahlua.  Which, as it turns out, is also great with Coke.


Another Kahlua Coke combination is the Cherry Coffee Cola.  Not the most inventive name but it is very accurate.  You need Luxardo liquor for this one.  But it might be worth picking up a bottle.  The cherry flavor is a nice compliment to the rich, darker flavors of the other two ingredients.


I was a little unsure when I tried a Colorado Bulldog.  The idea of cream and Coke together?  But it
bulldog

works.  It tastes like a White Russian with a fizz.  


If you like root beer try the Root Beer.  This one also has Kahlua.  But with some Galliano it all comes together to taste very much like root beer.


I love amaretto.  So I love the Lounge Lizard.  Rum, amaretto, and cola.  It is sweet and delicious.


There are more obviously.  You should go out there and explore them all.  But please drink responsibly.

No comments: