Friday, May 13, 2022

Friday 56

  Rules:


* Grab a book, any book.

* Go to page 56.  Or 56% on your ereader. 

* Find a snippet, short and sweet.

* Post it and add the url to your post at Freda's Voice



My book this week is Dreaming in Turtle by Peter Laufer Ph.D.  It is an exploration of all things turtle.  From the turtle lore, to turtle soup, to the plight of the endangered turtles, to the people trying to save them.  I haven't gotten very far into it yet.  I just hope it is as interesting as it sounds.








The Friday 56:



The English made turtle broth and used the turtle meat only for the flavoring, tossing it out before the meal.  The French added roux, the Spanish added spices, and some hungry soul added turtle meat and yelled out, "Oh my God, taste this!"  Turtle meat soup was born.






I have never had turtle meat in any form.  They do not look like they would be tasty.  Maybe when it is prepared well it is delicious.  Maybe.  But it is unlikely I will ever find out. 





3 comments:

Juli Rahel said...

I do have to agree that turtle does not sound super appetizing! But then, with the right flavours, almost everything can become delicious. Thanks for sharing and have a lovely weekend :)
Juli @ A Universe in Words

fredamans said...

Um, no thanks... LOL... Happy weekend!

Emily said...

An intriguing sounding book!

Have a great weekend!

Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
My post:
https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/05/13/the-friday-56-the-attic-child-by-lola-jaye/