Friday, April 1, 2011

Books I Finished in March

Athena: Grey-Eyed Goddess by George O’Connor
A graphic novel about Athena and since I like both graphic novels and Greek mythology I liked it. If you aren’t a fan of both though I wouldn’t bother.

The Road of the Dead by Kevin Brooks
Rather dark and violent but I liked this.

The Spider: Robot Titans of Gotham by Norvell Page
Pulp fiction complete with a robot army. How much more fun can a story get?

The Arrival by Shaun Tan
This has absolutely no words but it has no trouble telling a wonderful story.

God of Beer by Garret Keizer About underage drinking and its effects and consequences, civil disobedience, peer pressure, and friendship. And somehow manages not to be overbearing and also gives you interesting characters you can care about.

Skellig by David Almond
Even though it is fantasy it is more about love and family.

Get Real by Donald E. Westlake
I love Dortmunder.

Chicken a la King and the Buffalo Wing by Steven Gilbar
I think my expectations were too high. I wanted unique and original stories about how food or dishes got their name. And I did get some of that but so many things are named after the location where they were first made or grown that it started to get dull after a while.

All’s Well That Ends Well by William Shakespeare
Not one of my favorite Shakespeare plays.

Blood Oath by Christopher Farnsworth
A vampire fighting on the side of good without actually being a good guy. I’ll be reading the second one for sure.

Bleach Chapters 1 - 443 by Tite Kubo
Manga I was reading online. A friend got me hooked on it even though I had never been a fan of manga before. I thought I would never catch up to the current ones but now that I have I’m upset because I have to wait for the next part of the story.

1 comment:

fredamans said...

:(
That is one of my favorite Shakespere plays.

Happy April Reading!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/03/march-monthly-news.html