Friday, March 12, 2010

The Friday 56, Something Missing

The Rules:
*Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find the fifth sentence.
*Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Storytime With Tonya and Friends.
*Post a link along with your post back to Storytime With Tonya and Friends.
*Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. USE THE CLOSEST.

My book this week is Something Missing by Matthew Dicks. This book is closest because I just went to the bookstore at lunch and picked it up. It's about a criminal with OCD. That is about all I know.

The sentence:

Little, makeup, even less jewelry, and a willingness to wear a wrinkled T-shirt, a pair of jeans, and a baseball cap to many a family gathering.

Martin couldn't help but like her.


Sounds a little like me. I don't really do gatherings.

2 comments:

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

I think i would like her too.

Miranda

Mattyd said...

As the author of the book, I liked her as well. One of those surprise characters who had more life than I initially suspected.

Thanks for choosing it for your Friday 56! Hopefully you get a chance to read it!

Matt
___________
Matthew Dicks
matthewdicks.com