Monday, March 1, 2010

Books I Finished in February

Eleven again this month. And more than half of them are adult books.


Omega by Patrick Lynch
A medical thriller. It was pretty fast paced and full of tension.

Godmother by Carolyn Turgeon
A dark twist on the Cinderella story.

Tarzan Triumphant by Edgar Rice Burroughs
What can you say about Tarzan?

Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King
Pirates and curses and other good stuff. Unfortunately the protagonist really started to annoy me.

Inkspell by Cornelia Funke
The sequel to Inkheart. And another protagonist that annoyed me, but just at first. I got over it once I was into the story.

Off the Mangrove Coast by Louis L’Amour
I don’t know why I keep reading short stories. I think I like the concept of them but not so much in practice. Nothing wrong with this collection, some of them I liked but I just don’t think short stories is my genre.

House of Wolves by Matt Bronleewe
Second in a series. I think I’ll go back and read the first. It’s mystery and action and adventure. Very entertaining.

The Voyage of the Argo by Apollonius of Rhodes
It has monsters and curses and other good stuff. I liked it but it was somehow less dramatic then I expected.

Dull Boy by Sarah Cross
I like superheroes. I can’t help it.

Rampant by Diana Peterfreund
Killer unicorns. How can you not want to read this?

Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire
First in the October Daye series. It’s rather a dark story but I think that’s one of the things I like about it. I’ll definitely be reading the next one.

No comments: