Friday, March 19, 2010

The Friday 56, The Firm

Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Storytime With Tonya and Friends.
*Post a link along with your post back to Storytime With Tonya and Friends.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

The book this week is The Firm by John Grisham. Yes, it is the book I'm reading. And yes, I know I'm a little behind the times with this one. I very often am.

The sentence:

She smiled and introduced herself as Louise, Mr. McKnight's personal secretary, for thirty-one years now. Coffee?

Actually coffee would be nice. Now if I only had a personal secretary to fetch it for me.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

HAHAHA! Can I get a personal secretary too?

Kaytee said...

I haven't read that one yet either but I do remember seeing the movie a long time ago... to long to remember if I liked it or not!! Haha! Happy Friday!

http://kayteegilroy.blogspot.com/2010/03/friday-56-dirty-job.html