Sunday, November 1, 2009

Books Read in October

Slow month. I only made it up to 8 books.


Violet Wings by Victoria Hanley

The Terror by Dan Simmons
Long. Mostly I liked it but at times I did think it went on too long.

Into the Beautiful North by Luis Alberto Urrea

Unquiet Dreams by Mark Del Franco
Second in the series. I really like the characters in these books. They are a lot of fun to read.

The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood
Not my kind of book. I kept waiting for the point and never really got one.

Assassin by Rye James
Nothing here you haven't seen before.

Pompeii by Robert Harris
Nice sense of tension and anticipation because you know about the volcano when the people you are reading about do not.

Do-Over by Robin Hemley
Pretty funny. Hemley knows how to tell a story.

No comments: