Monday, March 9, 2009

Just When I Thought It Was Safe

Just when I thought it was safe to get up in the morning today comes along. A couple of days ago I was waking up to sunlight streaming through my window and temperatures that, although not tropical, were high enough to melt the piles of snow. I was beginning to think that getting up in the morning wasn’t a complete tragedy. But when daylight savings time started this weekend and we all moved forward an hour that meant that I was once again getting up before the sun. I’m a firm believer that if it is still dark outside I should still be in bed. So getting up in the dark for church on Sunday morning was bad enough. But then today I wake up, not only in the dark, but with snow falling too. Now, living in New England I’m used to snow and cold and things like that and am not exactly surprised that Spring hasn’t sprung yet but after a few beautiful days of warmth and sunshine a day like today can be absolutely gloomy, even when you expect it. Especially when all you have to look forward to is a day at work. Sometimes I like New England weather but other times it makes me wish I could hibernate like a bear. It makes me want to crawl back into bed and stay there until it is nice and safe, until the sun has come back.

No comments: