Thursday, March 12, 2009

Goodies

I like to bake. I like to try new recipes and see how they come out. I like to have cookies around the house. I like when people say nice things about my baking, even though I pretend that I don’t care about that. Even though I sometimes wonder why they can’t follow the recipe and get the same delicious results. Baking is probably the only skill I have so I’ll take what I can get. I even like baking with the ‘help’ of my nieces. Unfortunately I don’t think there’s any going back. I think I’ve been spoiled for store bought goodies. I still enjoy an Oreo or a Hostess cupcake every once in a while even though the ‘cream’ centers have probably never been within 10 feet of a dairy product. But store bought just doesn’t taste as good to me as it used to. I’ve even started making my own frosting because once I tried it I just could not go back to the kind that comes in a plastic tub at the grocery store. (You really should make your own frosting too and you’ll know what I’m talking about.) So I thought I would share some recipes and maybe I can get you hooked too. I don’t want to be the only one.

Razz-ma-tazz bars are always a hit. They are really sweet and buttery and probably very bad for you but everyone loves them. I have brought them to several functions and shared them with lots of people and they never fail to get good reviews. People seek me out to tell me how good they are.

Chewy Butterscotch Brownies is another favorite of mine. These don’t make as big a sensation as the Razz-ma-tazz bars but they are always well received. Of course I love those butterscotch flavored chip so maybe I’m biased. I still can’t decide if I like them better with or without nuts.

I can’t say Sensational Irish Cream cheesecake is a recipe that is time tested (at least not by me) because I have only made it once but with St. Patrick’s Day coming up somehow it seemed appropriate and I, and the small number of people I was willing to share it with, enjoyed it.

All these recipes came from Very Best Baking. They have some other recipes that are also very good but I don’t have space to put them all here. So you should go take a look for yourself. They even have some recipes for things like chicken and casserole, but I don’t look at those very much.

No comments: