I had been there several times before. Once to sit and eat in and then a bunch of times to get take out.
There is a lot of food here that I like. I almost always get the pork gyro. The pita is soft and fresh, the meat is cooked nicely and the tzatziki is a perfect compliment the salty (but not too salty) meat. You can get it with fires or a salad, both of which are good.
The fried halloumi cheese is wonderful as is the tomato soup and the spanakopita. The kolokythekeftedes (zucchini and feta fritters) are one of my favorite things. They are crispy on the outside, soft but not mushy on the inside. And they are surprisingly flavorful.
But...
The first time I ate in the restaurant the service was wonderful. Friendly and attentive. I also had no problems all the times I got take out. But the second time I ate in was a little different. No one was rude or unfriendly but I ordered two pork gyros. When the waiter went to put in my order he asked me if I had wanted the pork or the chicken. I said pork again. And we were still served chicken gyros. They fixed it quickly without any problems but I was slightly annoyed since I had said pork twice. And then when we were almost done with our meal and wanted to order a beer it was hard to get anyone's attention. Even though the bar (where we were sitting) is not that long and we were the only ones sitting at it.
It was just the once. Maybe they were having a bad day. There was nothing that convinced me not to go back. I will give them another chance (maybe more than one). The food is good so even if upon a revisit I am slightly disappointed in the service, takeout will still be on the menu.





No comments:
Post a Comment