Friday, November 12, 2021

The Friday 56

 

Rules:

* Grab a book, any book.

* Go to page 56.  Or 56% on your ereader. 

* Find a snippet, short and sweet.

* Post it and add the url to your post at Freda's Voice.



My book this week is The Low, Low Woods by Dani and Tamra Bonvillain


A graphic novel about a town called Shudder-to-Think where there are strange creatures in the woods and all the women have lost time.  Well, I mean, what do you expect when you live in a place called Shudder-to-Think?  Then two young women decide to figure out what is going on.




You can see my review here.


My Friday 56:


All I can say is this: humanity has always had witches and witches have always had potions, and yet the fucked-up bullshit never ceases.  You do the math.



3 comments:

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I like to include photos of the pages when I am highlighting graphic novels otherwise one doesn't get the impact without the illustrations. My Friday post is here

fredamans said...

LOL Sounds like a fun read! Happy weekend!

Breana M. said...

Okay, I have to admit, that is a really great quote. Have a good weekend!