Friday, October 22, 2021

The Friday 56

 


Rules:

* Grab a book, any book.

* Go to page 56.  Or 56% on your ereader. 

* Find a snippet, short and sweet.

* Post it and add the url to your post at Freda's Voice.


My book this week is The Nobody People by Bob Proehl.  


It is about people with special abilities who have been living in secret and have decided to let the world know that they exist.


It reminds me a little of the X-Men actually.  There are good and bad people with abilities.  There are people who accept them and those that don't.  And questions about how and when it if okay for them to use their abilities.  It is pretty interesting so far and I think something more sinister is going to happen but I'm only about half way through the book so I will have to wait and see.


My 56:


Owen Curry isn't a bomb.  He's just a monster, the kind you can find anywhere.  The thing that's in him, that Avi is actually hunting, can't be questioned any more than he could interview an IED or an atom bomb.

2 comments:

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

Intriguing and a bit scary!
Here is my Friday 56: https://francebooktours.com/2021/10/22/double-identity-friday-56/

fredamans said...

You got me with your comparicon to Xmen. :-) Happy weekend!