Saturday, July 10, 2021

Yakuza Apocalypse Review

 Yakuza Apocalypse with Hayato Ichihara

(from the case) In the ruthless underground world of the yakuza, Kamiura is the legendary boss of the underlings. He is rumored to be invincible, but in truth is a vampire with superhuman powers. Kamiura's most loyal underling, Kageyama, is seen as weak by the rest of the gang due to his sensitive skin that can't be tattooed.  When assassins aware of boss Kamiura's secret arrive from abroad, he is given an ultimatum: return to the international syndicate he left years ago or die. Refusing, an assassination attempt is made against Kamiura and he bites Kageyama, passing on his vampire powers to the unsuspecting yakuza.


I can't say this was not interesting to watch.  With the Kappa demon, the giant frog creatures, the sword fights, and crazy vampires it was definitely a spectacle.  But I don't know if something was lost in translation or if there were references I didn't get but about 85% of the time I had no idea what was going on.  The story line was interesting but there were some inexplicable things that happened that left me scratching my head.  It kept me entertained enough that I watched the entire movie but I can't honestly recommend it.

No comments: