Sunday, April 25, 2021

If You Like Avocados, Try This

 I found this Avocado Dip Recipe because I needed something to put on my Quinoa and Spinach Patties.  (Those are also pretty good.  So if you like quinoa you should try those too.  They are from Skinny Taste.)


My husband and I have been trying to make lunches that are not just a bunch of deli meat sandwiches. We aren't going crazy with health food.  Just trying to get in some vegetables and grains sometimes.  So quinoa patties.  But I thought they could use a little something.  So I browsed around and found this Avocado Dip Recipe from Dinner At The Zoo.  


It is easy to make.  You basically just throw all the ingredients in the food processor and blitz it until it is smooth.  So it doesn't take long to whip up.  All of the lime juice stops the avocado from turning black so it keeps in the fridge for a couple of days so you can make it ahead if you like.  


It has a nice fresh taste.  Kind of refreshing.  I actually put extra jalapeno in mine because I like the heat but you, of course, can put as much or as little as you like to control the heat level.  There is some sour cream in this but I like that it is not mostly sour cream or mayonnaise.  And lets face it, I love cilantro and will put it on or in almost everything.  So I'm happy to have so much in this.

  

Like I said I put it on the Quinoa Patties and really enjoyed that. And then when I was making Quick and Easy Salmon Cakes later (from Feasting At Home) I remembered this Avocado Dip and made it again and again was pleased with what it added to the dish.  I can see myself putting this on all sorts of things.  It is recommended that you put it on chips, crackers or veggies, and I can see all of those choices being very tasty.  I could also see myself using this as a spread on a chicken sandwich.  I think it would fit in a lot of different places.  I will hold onto this recipe because I'm sure I'll be making it again.

No comments: