Friday, September 2, 2016

Friday 56 (Sept. 2)

The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post in the Linky here. Add the post url, not your blog url.
*It's that simple.

My book this week is Dead Mountain: The Untold True Story of the Dyatlov Pass Incident by Donnie Eichar.  Nine experienced hikers go into the Ural mountains and never return.  Their bodies are found miles from the tent without shoes and sufficient clothes for the below freezing temperatures.  Why they would have fled the tent in this way remained a mystery for fifty years.

We stole glances at each other, registering our growing discomfort and both wondering at what point we could just stand up and leave.

Awwwwkward.  It must have been really hard to solve a mystery when you don't speak the language.  Especially when your translator is late.

5 comments:

fredamans said...

I love stories based on real events, so I'd be all over this one!
Happy Labor day weekend!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Sounds like a chilling story ... in more ways than one! I'd like to know more.
My Friday post features BAREFOOT AT SUNSET.

Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense said...

This sounds a little bit creepy and I love it! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Nicole said...

Sounds like a great story. I love real life mysteries like this one. Happy Friday!

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I've never heard of this - but it sounds intriguing. :)

Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).